Dooher’s Bakery first opened its doors in 1949 when Harry and Muriel Dooher bought a small bakery in Madoc, ON, which began their dream to bring the best in home baked, nutritious goods to their community. Using a small wood-fired oven, pumping their own water tank, long hours and a lot of determination; Muriel and Harry made their dream come true.
In 1956, Dooher’s relocated to Campbellford, ON. 44 Bridge Street East (now home of Gunn Johnston Cards & Gifts) was the bakery’s first location.
In 1977, Dooher’s relocated across the street to the current location at 61 Bridge Street East. During this time, Harry and Muriel’s son, Peter Dooher, began operating the bakery with his wife Christine. From that point forward, the bakery has been known as one of the finest home bakeries in Southern Ontario, along with being a pillar in the community. From donating baked goods to support local charities and fundraisers within the region to ensuring the freezers at the food bank are filled with bread and baked goods for those in need – the community is always top of mind. Nevertheless, Dooher’s always valued the need to remain a family-owned, scratch bakery.
Today, that same commitment to quality and home baked goodness remains true. Peter Dooher remains baking during ‘the busy season’, although his daughter, Cory Dooher, has been the owner of the bakery since 2013. Cory’s three children, Jeremy, Hannah and Spencer are also employed at their family’s establishment – making Dooher’s a 4-generation bakery.